Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2774 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2971 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2774 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2971 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2774 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2971 Warning: Undefined array key "filename" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2774 Warning: Undefined array key "counter" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2971 Starting my 58 coupe project - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting my 58 coupe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	108906Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	108907
    Last edited by JTR70; 05-27-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Does someone know what the color name and/or code is for the red of the doortops (1958 aquamarine coupe)? Is the square weave carpet supposed to be tan or oatmeal? Difficult to see as my old pieces are very worn and dirty. Thanks for the help.
      Jeroen

Comment

• JTR70
        JTR70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Best thing you can do is to take swatch of your interior into your local paint store and have them custom match a color that's closest to it. 1958 models normally came with Oatmeal carpeting.

wedcome, where are you located? that looks like Garrett Goldsmiths old car.
      Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Hi,
        what I know is that the car belonged to Mr Smith in Pasadena in the 60s. In 2011 it was sold by Carplanet to Belgium. I'm in the Netherlands. Would love to find out more about the car.

Comment

On your first page you show the car interior and the dash panel looks Meissen blue and red vinyl dash padded top looks red. This is the same as my 59 356A. The darker red almost maroon top garnish rails on the door I have for over 50 years wanted to know the exact colour ! Never found a reference though. Good idea to get it matched. I will try to put some photos on of my original factory dash and door to give you a good idea.

Roy

Comment

These might help

Name:	
Size:	946.9 KB
ID:	108943Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	953.8 KB
ID:	108944
            Last edited by JTR70; 05-30-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Okrasageeza
              Okrasageeza commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Roy, I have some discussion with my square weave mat supplier. My car had a +/-12cm vinyl strip on the b-pillar where the square weave is following the contour of the quarter panel higher (if that makes sense). I think it is almost visible on this picture of your car. Supplier said he didn't see it before. Can you please confirm or maybe send a picture of yours where this is visible? Was this so only certain years? thanks, jeroen

How can I make those photo's larger Justin !! What is procedure? Easy to add these from my documents but do I have to enlarge them first?

Roy

Comment

Its really easy and much like the old platform the site was on:

Name:	IMG_5767.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	108962 Once you have your photos loaded into the system its just like the old platform. Place the curser into the test box where you want that particular photo to show up and hit the "large" icon next to it.

Name:	IMG_5768.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	108963 Also don't bother with the Camera Icon on the left side that is for the photo carousel option. Instead look to the right hand side of the screen and click on this icon to attach your photos. Much simpler and clean display. Hope this helps.. Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Roy, thanks for the photos. My dash and og color is for sure aquamarine. The padding on the dashtop is red indeed. I will take you're photos to the upholstery guy as a reference to choose color. I received two samples for square weave. Oatmeal and Tan. Think I will go with tan.
                thanks, jeroen

Comment

Yes Jeroen I thought the pics of the original paint in area of car are deeper in colour than my Meissen Blue 703. The dash panel did look like mine thats the trouble with photo's ! Its hard to match from them. I have oatmeal but tan is very nice will go well with yours. Its good you have the original paint number for the car!

Hope it goes well !

Roy

Comment

Hi Roy, I have some discussion with my square weave mat supplier. My car had a +/-12cm vinyl strip on the b-pillar where the square weave is following the contour of the quarter panel higher (if that makes sense). I think it is almost visible on this picture of your car. Supplier said he didn't see it before. Can you please confirm or maybe send a picture of yours where this is visible? Was this so only certain years?
                    thanks, jeroen

Comment

Jeroen, Seen your question above today so will sort out some photos that I hope will give you an idea. All of my square weave carpet is factory original and therefore applies I guess to all 356A T2 models 1958-1959.
                      Hope I can load the photo's next !

Roy

Comment

Jeroen,

Comment

Jeroen, this might be the photo you need? I have problems trying tom sort these photos. I will be back with larger ones soon I hope!

Roy

Comment

• Okrasageeza
                            Okrasageeza commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Roy, that is it. Do you know what years it was like this?
                            thank you very much.

Jeroen,

I believe the 356A T2 ( 58 and 59 ) cars were all the same as mine on coupe versions. I have tried to find the process that Justin shows on your thread how to enlarge photos. I cannot get the same instruction listed along side the thumb nail advising click ' large' that option is not there?

I have a number of photos of the carpet elsewhere in my car that is of course all original 61 years old. Do you have any of the old carpet for your car to copy?

Comment

• Okrasageeza
                            Okrasageeza commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Roy,
                            unfortunately almost all the carpet is lost. A pattern of that piece would really help, but I hope the supplier can copy from the photo that you send. thanks for the info.
                        Working...
                        X