57 getting ready for the quail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 getting ready for the quail

I was at my friends shop and just thought id share these 2 pics of a 57 that has been restored in 7 months! Todd has been going non stop every day on it! now its off to the upholsterer and back in a week or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	63550

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	63551

the work is first class!

Was that 356 originally black...and what color interior is it getting?

I would love to see the starting point to put that "7 months" into perspective. Maybe your friend has pictures of his starting point and progress?

TIA and thanks for the eye candy. Black, for me, is a 'love/hate' (non-) color. Black is all colors in one making none, decorated within a minute of cleaning with dust and dirt.....

-Bruce Baker

Comment

Bruce,

The car wasn't originally black. I think they said it was silver maybe, but has an extensive race history so perhaps there were multiple color changes.

Ill see if I can find some "before pics" so you can compare. From what I understand they have been going nonstop 50+ hours a week x 2 guys...

Give me a couple weeks. I have to go back up there to bring him some newly chromed parts and some OEM bearings to possibly trade.

-Jeff Blanchard

Comment

Beautiful!! This isn't here in town is it Jeff???
        Justin Rio

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscokid8" post=28502
          The car wasn't originally black. I think they said it was silver maybe, but has an extensive race history so perhaps there were multiple color changes.

Ill see if I can find some "before pics" so you can compare. From what I understand they have been going nonstop 50+ hours a week x 2 guys...

Give me a couple weeks. I have to go back up there to bring him some newly chromed parts and some OEM bearings to possibly trade.

-Jeff Blanchard
          Thanks, Jeff
          The Speedster in my avatar was originally silver but was black most of it's racing career. Full circle. I don't think many Speedsters were originally black but I'd need to check Steve Heinrichs' Speedster book to see an exact number.
          The one in your pictures looks really great, especially for a former racer. I just shudder when I think of the maintenance to keep it looking good...then I realize that I am still thinking those cars are actually driven.......

-Bruce

Comment

Justin,
            No im afraid its not in Nevada but in California in the coastal Watsonville CA area...

Comment

As for another black 356, the website I posted elsewhere here on Justin's site has been revamped and worth seeing for the new pictures. Also see the old pictures in the 'details' part.

I still look forward to more shots of the beautiful Speedster, of which a total of 141 came from Porsche in that color from '54>'59. (Courtesy of Steve Heinrichs' "Speedster" book.)

The owner has dropped the price, but this is not a sales pitch just a link to a bunch of good 356 pictures the owner put together:

www.59Cab.com

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X