radio antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio antenna

we need to place a hole for the radio antenna. it will extend about 6-7 in inside the fender or door opening. it looks like there is only a small area that's single walled were the side fender panel is pinch welded to the cowl section is that where the hole should be.
    thanks Jay D.

I've seen the holes in various positions and on either side of the car.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Achassis1840.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	58154
    The factory designated place I believe is right here. The hole in the upper hinge boss is for the antenna body to go through and is found only on the drivers side. So make the hole in your fender directly above this one.
    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin thanks so much, I just never noticed the hole on the driver side. my boy is down this weekend to help with some body work and this was something that was holding us up. mine has a hole on the passenger side, but it had a cheep aftermarket antenna that didn't collapse. strange we were looking on line at 356s and they all had the antenna on the drivers side.it has to tell you something.
      thanks Jay D.

Comment

A benifit of having the antenna on the drivers side, is ease of raising/lowering when entering/exiting the vehicle. It also can be partially raised while driving, if the need arises. Over the years, I have seen quite a few cars with the antenna on the passenger side as well. One reason for switching location would be to move it out of the rearward field of vision on fender mounted mirrors (GT type, Talbot, Lucas, etc). I have yet to see an optional factory installed electric or hand cranked retractible antenna on the passenger side.
        Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

good point Jack, that's something I also didn't think about. there are a lot of quirky things about these cars that only people that have been around them for years would know.
          thanks Jay D.

Comment

Working...
          X