Porsche Speedster -Complete Appearance Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Speedster -Complete Appearance Restoration

3D Yellow Degreaser Micro-Mesh 3600 Grit was in order. I used HD UNO V4 with 5 inch MF pads for the correction and then finished down with 3D Black Finishing Foam Pads.

After the post correction rewash was done, I then preceded to clean, recondition and detail the interior and trunk compartments. I used HD TOTAL for all the cleaning duties. Here is what the interior looked like before:

Here is a mild concentration of HD TOTAL soaking on the seats. The more it dwelled, the more it allowed all the deeply embedded soiling that resided here for decades to gently free up and away from the surface. I used the HD DUO PadHD PROTECTHD UNO with a HD Green Foam Pad and then sealed with HD POXY:

Seals were treated with 1Z Gummi:

Trunk Afters:

Engine got a light rinse and wipe down:

Toward the end of the day, I applied a thin layer of HD POXY
    David-Fermani.com

Welcome David and thank you for posting this great thread! 3,600 sandpaper huh? WOW! I did not know it went that fine. I think if you flipped it over on the backside you'd have more cutting power. The finest I've used is 2500 and that polish's up pretty quick. Incredible attention to detail! Alot of time spent I can tell;You were probably 2-3 days on this job start to finish I would guess. I am sure the owner was stoked! Beautiful work! Please share any others your doing. Thanks again! Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Great attention to detail. Looks like some great cleaning products as well.
      1959 Karmann Ghia Outlaw ??????

Comment

David,

Very nice end result. A real difference to when you started. Makes me want to get outside and do some cleaning.

Roy

Comment

Working...
        X