gauge terminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge terminals

my fuel and oil temp gauges have broken terminals on the back, I'm open to anyone with ideas how to fix them. i have thought about getting some small bullet connectors and connecting the wires ( there about the size of a hair) then building a dam of sorts with a straw into the hole in the case back and fill it with epoxy. this will hold the wire solid in the case ?
    Jay D.

Jay can you post a photo of the back of your gauge?
    Justin Rio

Comment

here you go, i thought about useing some bullet connectors. building tube of some kind ( thought about useing a straw) with the f/m bullet connector inside then fill the tube with epoxy. also build a dam on the back side of the gauge so the epoxy would flange out to form a grip on the case. just some wild ideas, I'm open to any suggestions.
      Last edited by badsix; 07-07-2021, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• JTR70
        JTR70 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm kind of playing in my mind of different stand in options that might work. What about retrofitting those tiny gauge bulb sockets to perform this job? They're compact and bass so they could be soldered to hold any contacts that you need on the inside. Then you've got the set screw terminals to the outside for your wire leads. I have a box full of strays if you think they might work. Take a look at the one's you've got on hand and see if they fit the bill.

On second thought you could purchase a kit like these which would supply the female insulated housing you're thinking of.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	111588
      Justin Rio

Comment

i like the looks of the bullet connectors. I'm going to get serious the next few days and do something, i've been putting this off long enough. im think i might have some of those style bullet connectors /
        Jay d.

Comment

Working...
        X