Fertan Rust Convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertan Rust Convertor

Has anyone used Fertan Rust Convertor? I used some on the outside of my 356A while it has sat during my restoration, but I have not done the insides. I have used body waxes before and plan on using them after I finish. This along with Fluid Film. I figure the more the better. While researching I came across a writeup by Fertan that they did on a 356 so I figured I would post it.

http://fertan.co.uk/project-porsche356-1.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3755.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	93759
    Mark Erbesfield
    57 356A
    65 911
    68 912
    73 911S
    66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    79 450SL Dad's old car

This looks similar to an old system where they'd drill holes and shoot petroleum based inhibitors into the cavities. I think it was called barts?? Not a rust converter though. I'd loose my mind if I saw them drilling holes in my doors now..
    Justin Rio

Comment

I know of Ziebart rust prodding. Funnily enough, my 356 was actually treated w Ziebart at some point in its life bc they drilled holes in spots and used a plastic plug over the holes, which has the Ziebart name imprinted on it. I think it contributed to how rust free my car is today. I too would go ballistic if someone started drilling holes in my car. I also have the hole the door like they show, even though it was not needed bc all they needed to do was pull the door panel back. Duh
      Mark Erbesfield
      57 356A
      65 911
      68 912
      73 911S
      66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
      79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Working...
      X