Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 356A: Antenna cable routing

Hello

I want to install a radio in my car (356A coupe '59) and I was just wondering where the hole for the antenna cable is located on the door pilar of the car

Can anyone post some pictures from the antenna and the cable routing?

Thanks in advance

Grts
    Bart

Feel around in the top of the fender inside the door for a hole up at the top. If the car was not equipped with a radio before you may need to make one. The door post is punched for the antenna stalk but radios were usually dealer installed, so I don't think the factory put a cable routing hole in all the cars. Its a good size hole 12-15mm to get the coax through.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Bart, John is correct as I said to you my RHD car was fitted with a radio on arrival into the UK. John describes the fact the door post is punched with the 25mm? hole for the antenna stalk so its easier to find and make the hole position correct for the aerial itself to be inserted into. I did not make myself that clear to you ! Then the hole to pass the coax from the aerial through into the cabin should be behind the interior carpet that runs up the side wall of the car. As I mentioned I can't inspect for this hole till I get my car of the jack. Maybe Justin has a photo of this antenna hole from his collection.
      Sorry to have confused you sure someone on here can advise the measurement datums for this hole.

Roy

Comment

Hi John & Roy

Thanks for the input.
        My car was not equiped with a radio so I have to drill the hole in the door post.
        Maybe wait a little bit longer till someone here posts a picture ......better to drill only once

Grts
        Bart

Comment

Ah that's clearer Bart I thought they always drilled that plate ! Maybe someone will be faster than me to provide one.

Roy

Comment

I found this picture, it's a 57 car, I guess the radio hole is the one with the rubber gromet

Comment

• JTR70
              JTR70 commented
              Editing a comment
              Grommeted hole is for the courtesy light wire leads found on both sides of the car. The hole to the lower left would be for your antenna.
          Working...
          X