Posting the photo of the rear wheel bearing extractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting the photo of the rear wheel bearing extractor

Now its been a long time since I tried to place photos on here. Last year I had an original rear wheel bearing cage break up and then loose oil. This job meant replacing in the end the bearing the oil seal, the distance pieces the seal rests on, the "O" ring and the back distance piece as well. This job was actually quite involved and it has to be done correctly. I took some photos of an extractor I made to pull the wheel bearing out. Tried to find the VW special tool to do this job with no luck and tried all my extractors and several of my friends one all to no avail.

So below is a photo of the extractor I made that was cheap and worked so well !!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	933.6 KB
ID:	106399

Ah Ah that did not work!! So I have to look into the process of how to post pics. Normally I use the IMG method after first resizing the picture to the required size. I will be trying again!!! Ah Ah !! just scrolled down the page to see ' select from Photo album ' and 'upload ' Never noticed before so here goes!

Photo of extractor and dimensioned drawing

Got this photo up how do I make it bigger please advise.

Roy
    Last edited by JTR70; 07-26-2019, 06:55 AM.

Justin I just double clicked the mouse on the left side and got the image large on screen. I clicked again and it made it even bigger. With your photo's they seem perfect in size. Are they around 816x 612 pixel?? This is the size I use for other forums. I did not resize the photo of the extractor above just uploaded the non resized picture. So how do I get large photos on the thread?

Roy

Comment

• JTR70
      JTR70 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Roy, Right around there. Anything under or near a 1000 pixels is optimal. I just hit the "large" button on your shot to get it to come up. Really slick tool BTW. Looks like the custom stuff I see my machinist make for himself.
      Justin

Just in case guys enlarge the pic and look at this they might be confused. The extractor arms are made from domed head bolts as shown in the pic. The dome part allowed me to make the extractor hooked ends. The black holder for the extractor arms has a central 25mm hole that fits over the stub axle threaded end, This then allows the extractor to be perfectly aligned to the extractor arms. The domed head bolts were bought from a local DIY store. The nuts are not required on the inner part of the black holder. Just on there to stop me losing the arms !! The sizes of the bolts are written upside down on the page sorry!

Roy

Comment

Nice job - thanks for shareing . Now I need to find the details of rear axle inner puller some one invented !
      Steve
      Thanks for all the support.
      Steve
      (& Tips and Advice always welcome)

Comment

Clever Roy.
        Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
        X