Window Wipe Rubber Gap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Wipe Rubber Gap?

I put my original chrome strips on plus some new rubber window wiper seals... but they don't do anything because there is a gap. See where my finger is? There is about a 1/4 inch gap there. Even with the window ALL the way up, it doesn't close the gap. My window is aligned correctly relative to the windshield frame etc. Do I have the wrong rubber? I tried installing it backwards, but then it lays almost flat and gets sucked inside the door when you put the window down... Car is 61 Roadster. Thank you, Brian

The scraper profiles I've seen have an angled base so the lip will sit snug against the glass. Does the cross section of your seal show that?
    Justin Rio

Comment

Last edited by Safetypup; 07-10-2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Brian,
        I had similar problems on my A and think in the end turned it over like you did and it lays almost flat against the glass but does not get twisted up on window movement. But... although it seems the rubber replacement fits any 356, Stoddard list a rubber seal that suits the side windows for the convertible top and suits the 356 convertible D and the Roadster 64454292941
        My 356A has a chrome window glass support which has a definate glass support which differs from yours. Its maybe why the seal lip in the link below looks different. I have nothing to compare but have a look on the Stoddard link maybe it might make sense to you?

Roy

Comment

Updating with my solution. It looks like I put the window wipe rubber in backwards. I reinstalled it the other way so it was leaning way down when the window was down. Then I put the windows UP and left it like that for a few days. The rubber has become more cooperative now and it seems to work without getting sucked downward when the window is in motion downward.
          Last edited by Safetypup; 11-15-2019, 03:38 AM. Reason: changed 'with' to 'without'

Comment

Working...
          X