Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Hood Frame Replacements and Where To Find Them

Hello fellas,

As many of us have, I'm facing the interesting task of fixing the kinked hood on my 356 C Coupe.
    Some members, like Tom Perazzo, have managed to bring back theirs with remarkable results:

Originally posted by tperazzo" post=18945
    [/URL]
    The real issue here is the fact that none of the vendors I've seen offer a COMPLETE replacement frame, only the front section and the rear corners, which seems odd to me since complete replacement hoods are being offered, therefore somewhere someone already have the stamps to produce the whole frame or at least the section we need for this particular repair.

I took matters into my own hands, and started doing some "detective" work on the interwebz, and managed to contact a guy who has connections with a factory in Taiwan, who currently produces such hood, meaning they also produce the frame i need.

This guy is willing to see if they can sell me JUST the frame, and if that goes through (with good results), I'll see what can be done in order to get this part available to everyone who needs it.

That being said, if anyone else is currently needing one, please let me know.
    ?
    Manuel Tolentino

Hey Manuel,

That's fantastic and is certainly another great option for anyone in need of future hood repair work. Please keep us updated if you manage to get your hands on just the substructure. Thanks for posting!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
    X