Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Wheels

Anyone here have feedback on the ride and braking improvements claimed by these
    wheels ? Quality issues ? Any info appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Joel

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l16001.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	83259

UPDATE:
    These wheels are alleged to fit in the 4 1/2" wide version, while the 5 1/2" version will not clear B brake drums, not sure of A. They weren't machined properly and make contact with the fins on the drums, leaving a 3/8" gap to the mating face of the drum. They have been pulled from the market but be aware that those now out there now won't fit without modification. Allegedly a new version with proper clearances will be available later this year. Very nice otherwise and much lighter than steel...
    Cheers,
    Joel

Comment

Are these the chinese knock-offs for about 150.00 each Joel?
      Justin Rio

Comment

Yes Justin, that would be them.. Once again there seems to be a lack of QC from certain markets. One wonders how freaking hard it would be to at least check the first one, much less the others produced.
        Cheers,
        Joel

Comment

Attractive pricing but I think those where developed by VW guys for VW's as thier rim clearance seems more suited for the smaller stock VW cast iron drums. No issues with the Technomagnesio-repop clearances with B-drums I assume?
          Justin Rio

Comment

True that, but then Techno's are about $ 800 a pop, so if these guys finally get it right they'll be a bargain, especially if they offer some sort of pricing for sets of 4 or 5.
            As previously stated the 4 1/2 s seem to be ok but I think if you're going non stock, it makes more sense to obtain more tire patch.
            Best,
            Joel

Comment

Working...
            X