Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57A Questions

Good Morning everyone,
    Im gearing up to get my 57 back on the road after many many... many years.

I was looking around at color charts and cant seem to find any indication of the interior colors. My original paint is Silver Metallic, which is what Ill be sticking with. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Charlie has them listed

http://derwhites356literature.com/HoffmanPL9157f.jpg
    http://derwhites356literature.com/Porsche356Colors.html
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I saw this but noticed it was for the 58 year. Is this what should be referenced for the 57 as well?

Comment

The color codes are 57. I will check my speedster book and a couple others in the library, but I believe these are correct for your coupe.

Comment

5706 Silver metallic a photo from Dr.Johnsons Book three of my books agree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5706silver.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	81838

if I had a bare 57 coupe I would use the special Glacier White over green.

Comment

That sound interesting... Any chance you have a pic of that combo?

Comment

My 57 is originally 608 Silver with Black interior, tan carpet and Gray Steering wheel/column and knobs.
              My 56 was Silver with red interior, tan wheel/column and knobs. Original carpet was long replaced so I don't know if it was red or tan.
              Justin Rio

Comment

Glacier white. 5713B. Very nice combo. First photo looks a little dark because of the angle, but it's a soft tinge. It's a color that really looks good in a lot full of silver, black and red 356's

Name:	image_2016-11-10.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	81898

Name:	image_2016-11-10-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	81899

Comment

Well, Mr.Rio, I wish you good luck in finding those grey knobs if you don't already have all you need.

They (the knobs) were original in my early '57 coupe (5607 aquamarine blue (metallic), grey vinyl w/cord inserts, blue carpet, and grey knobs) and I've had the devil's own time in the last twenty-some years trying to find new ones. Of very special obscurity are those with the metal inserts (rear quarter windows, idle speed,etc.) and the small ones (wipers).

If you know of a source, I should love to hear about it.
                  ----------
                  Keep 'em flying...

S.J.Szabo

Comment

Working...
                  X