Lower door closing guides.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower door closing guides.....

So I recently ordered a pair of door rear lockplate closing panels, 644 502 041 00. and was surprised to find that the replacements had the hollow space for the lower rubber closing guides incorporated into them. The 59 A coupe that I am restoring has no such reservations. A quick search makes me even more confused as I am finding cars of the same year with earlier numbers that have them, and some with later numbers that don't, and vice versa. Does anyone know a definitive answer on what models had or didn't have these, when they were introduced and or discontinued?

1959 coupe Chassis # 107595 does not have the rubber door wedge or receivers on the lock posts. If you're finding higher chassis numbers with the wedge these car may have been restored at some point with the incorrect locks posts with the receiver. Hope this helps.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

That helps a lot! That is what I was also assuming, thanks for the confirmation. Any idea when they stopped using them?

Comment

Moin GPC,

I belive it was about mid of 1959....

Usally IF Porsche ran short of a part they would make use of any inhouse parts available....
        You will come across variation between model changes.

As Justin wrote if a 356 was renovated 25-35 years back you were happy to get a part that fitted your 356 and in it went

Cheerio
        JOP

(Ps show us some pictures
        JOP

Comment

Guys,

My 356A chassis 106954 built around March /April does not have the bottom wedge.

From info I have ( see the photo info below ) in 1957 -58 they modified the panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resize1952chassisinfo2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	77020

Roy

Comment

We did have a new lock post mid 1957
            And then they moved the lock from top to mid door summer 1959
            But I thought it was also for the door wedge
            JOP

Comment

Sorry Guys,

I was in a rush posted the wrong page this one should be correct!

Click image for larger version

Name:	resize1952chassisinfo3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	77023

Sorry

Roy

Comment

Roy,
                Which book is that you are looking into?
                It looks really good on all the small stuff
                Sorry GPC that I hijacked your tread.....
                JOP
                JOP

Comment

I used belong to the Porsche club in the UK in the 1960's. Until the 911 seemed to take preference to the 356!! Anyway, in 1971 an American Tony Standen and Jim Symonds who had factory connections, produced these 356 information sheets for PCGB. These were printed in the club magazines in 1971 and I still have them.

So, they are not available in a book. Useful though

Roy

Comment

hoppla, jetzt habe ich die richtige Idee! I stared at that first page awhile wondering what I was missing!
                    Ever think about maybe getting all of those service bulletins condensed into one document and maybe digitizing it so it could be posted online? I bet that those would answer a lot of questions I've had over the years.
                    I'm sure that there's a lot of people who would really love to have them, myself included.
                    This forum is proving to be an excellent source of information, and not just a one of frustrating inane comments, thanks Guys

Comment

Working...
                    X