Looking to sell 2 356 need help estimating value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to sell 2 356 need help estimating value

I hope i can get some help here. Looked everywhere with no luck on trying to get an estimated value to sell a 1955 pre a and a 1960 356 b. My dad past away leaving me these garage parked cars. I know that there are a restoration project that ill never be able to afford and i dont want to see them rust away. Is there anyone that knows values for restoration cars. I just dont want to be taken. Had one offer for 9,000.00 for both. I declined. Any help would help me and my mother out to pay our bills he left us. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaa24_171015.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	73915

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaa24_174821.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	73916

Name:	20160321_190234.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	73917

Name:	20160321_190659.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	73918

Name:	20160321_191236.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	73919

Hi, very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He did leave you guys with a nice pair of nearly complete cars. Its a good thing you passed on the 9K offer for both as that would have been a huge mistake.

The red coupe is a mid year 1957 T1 356A built probably after March of 1957. Though kept covered for quite some time it has a lot of sediment piled on it (soaks up and holds water) and looks to have been exposed to a little moisture. Does it have an engine in it? Though nearly complete rust is going to be the biggest price determiner for the two cars. The White 1960 or '61 356B coupe appears to have been kept a little dryer and appears to have its correct engine. The red one is more desirable and will be worth more between the two but again it depends on the correct engine being in there and how severe the rust is. It does not have the correct bumpers BTW and looks to be old chrome VW versions. I'd say 30-35K for the red one and maybe 25-30K for the white one. Again this is only a rough guess as the condition of the chassis is what is going to make or break the final agreed upon price and one thing old Porsche's do best is rust out. Another thing you have going for you as that they are both fully dressed cars and not stripped out bare shells all those individual bits add up quick! Other guys on here I'm sure will chime in with their own valuation but definitely worth a lot more than 9K!
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

I think you're in the ball park, Justin.
      Mike
      '63 B coupe

Comment

Very sorry for your loss.
        A few parts from each could be sold to achive $9000. Close up pix of the outer door handles and sun visors of the red one could help to determine year model. Of course, chassis #'s would be better. Open the drivers door and look near the upper hinge. A number plate should be visible.
        Hope this helps.
        Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Name:	20160324_171125.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	73926

Name:	20160324_171000.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	73927

Name:	20160321_191144.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	73928

Comment

Whoa! A sunroof on the red? $$$ "56 model year cars were first made in late "55. Does the sunroof have a "V" shape near the windshield? Still need to see the visors & outer door handles close up.

Comment

Does thos help? It will be a while ne fore i can get back home to check on the v. Take it not many sunroofs in the red?

Name:	20160324_171000-1.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	73931

Comment

WOW, Its got a Sunroof! Add another 10K for that but it will certainly be a rusty chassis but a killer option!
                Justin Rio

Comment

Huh. Later handle, at least on that side. Could have been switched out as an "upgrade" along with the tail lights, common during the day when replacement parts were needed. Show a pic of the ignition switch. Reversed gauges, ash tray, door inner structure, shifter, all point to T1. Pix of engine as well. Give chassis #, and engine# (under generator, but above lower fan belt pulley) usually a star than a P with 5 numbers. XX out the last 2 numbers if you're paranoid (don't blame you, as you have already tried to been had). We need more info to help.

Comment

Ok the serial number i have is 563XX. Havent been able to searh for the engine number. Didnt know where to find it. Next time i get home i will look.

Comment

Definitely an early 1956 then by the chassis #. You've got a very desirable S/R coupe there. Congratulations....
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Yep, the red one with the sunroof looks for certain to me a 356A not a pre-a. The dashboard is 356A the pre-a completely different. Justin is certainly in the correct guessing idea on price. The separate indentification plate ' kunsterlack' has a stamped number on it. That number dictates the original colour it was painted at the factory.

Its also correct to assume rust is there underneath or accident damage? That does dictate price. But Justin is about right I reckon.

Roy

Comment

Its all rust underneith. So worst case senereo red rusted completly out. White mostly rusted. I know justin est 25-30 each. What would be a resonable botom dollar that any of you would accept for these two? Thanks. I have mor pic of the white if it would help.

Comment

Surface rust is of little concern. Holes, bubbling, and rot are the major issues.

Comment

You're getting a lot of excellent advice here. Jack's right about the rust, it all depends on how far it's progressed. They both look like fairly complete cars with what appear to be little rusted upper bodies and nice shutlines. Valuation here would depend greatly on knowing the real condition of the chassis. Can you get photos of the undercarriages ? Sorry for your loss.
                              He left his family with some real treasure..
                              Cheers,
                              Joel

Comment

Working...
                              X