• Unusual 356 Do Any of You Know This Car

Looks like a B or C cab with a sunroof equipped hardtop and Abarth Carrera
    rear fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OldPorscheatGJ.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	67074

I vaguely remember seeing photos of that car at show some time back. I want to say it had a full 911 drivetrain?? Agree, definitely a GTL inspired rear fender shape most likely to help house the wider 911 wheel track. The rear tire seems to hang out way past the face of the rocker panel. Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Name:	IMG_4096.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	67090

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got the photo from a friend in that area. You're right, it does look nice from the rear quarter. Would like to hear from the owner as to it's build and details. The 911 drivetrain makes sense with the widened rear.
        Cheers,
        Joel

Name:	20150917_104509.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	67099

Comment

Chase, Thanks for the input, photo and for joining with us here, Welcome!

I like that 550 Spyder style emblem placement his hood. That works for me on the wider T6.
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

That car was at the 356 Gathering in Helen, Ga. this past weekend.
            The owner/builder is a fellow named Harry Cooper from Dallas, Pa.
            Yes it had a flat 6 with modern running gear and was very nicely done. Sorry I don't have more details.

Comment

I believe this is the same car with soft top and alloys this time.

Name:	capture87639.png
Views:	8
Size:	708.2 KB
ID:	67755

Comment

Yes, that's Harry Cooper's creation, I'd guess it's over 10 years old now. Harry is Bill Cooper's younger brother (Bill and Deb Cooper of PCA tech-quiz-winning fame) and a retired art teacher with gobs of talent.

I was at the rainy Tampa Parade (2004?), ankle deep in water in the steamy Concours prep lot when Harry drove in with the windows up in the 356 Ice green Coupe he had/has? and cool as a cucumber with A/C. It also sported a flat 6, discs, etc. He had cut disc and drum wheel apart and combined them, so he had early moon hubcaps on 130mm centers.

Harry is low key but very creative, one of the good guys in the hobby.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X