Re bodied cars and Kardex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,

Yes, no sense so far. Data plate is very strange. Can you send a larger version? I do not recall seeing one like that before.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve

Is you have a minute. Email me direct and I will send you my number or call you. The photo should be linked tp a bigger version

Jbrooks@pyrogen.com

Thanks
      John
      Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Hi John
        the no 84914 was submitted to Porsche as being destroyed a replacement body less drive train was provided by Porsche. the actual 84914 did not even have to been verified as destroyed. you now have two vehicles that are entitled to 84914 the original and the replacement the real condition of 84914 is unknown. for sure Porsche did not rebuild it using T5 components.
        j

Comment

84914 became a T5 Cab, down the line in 1961 and the factory gave it a 13155 body number. I am chasing the old parts.

Comment

a new T5 cab body only that had the build no 13155 was to meant to replace 84914. probably 84914 was undamaged and this was done for some other reason than to fix 84914

Comment

Jacques

I agree, I have 5248. But looking at it. It is a T2A at all the dated, colored and paint shop marked parts say It was made from 84914. Brought to the US with a 1300S engine installed. No big deal, just trying to find the shop 1 history on it, after the Reutter made it a T5 CAB 13115, someone made a racer.

Comment

Hi I think Reutter made 13115 from it's production line. Reuter had not seen 84914 since it left as a new body. 356 are not VWs where you unbolt the body from the pan. If Porsche says rebodied they meant that a new body was offered as a replacement.
                j

Comment

What did they do with the old body and parts.

Comment

Jacques & John,

I think I have this sorted out. Hang in there a couple of days...interesting.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Hi Steve
                      any insights into this situation
                      j

Comment

Steve

Did you ever figure this out? I can see the replacement chassis data on the kardex, but still can not figure out the body stamping. I have run out out airspeed and ideas.

John

Comment

John,

I am very sorry. I lost track of this since I have been ill. Can you re-send mekardex and body stamping numbers?

Regards,

Steve Heinrichs
                          RStephen356@aol.com

Comment

data sent, Thanks John

Comment

Working...
                            X