MAIN BEARING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAIN BEARING

you can start laughing anytime. but is there any rear main bearings available. I need a std. crank, std. case rear main bearing for a 58 1600N. yes I assembled the case with the dowel pin on the edge of the hole so i think the bearing is trash. what a stupid thing to do I should have double check this before I tightened the case down. I think i'm going to be sick.
    Jay D.

I think that's probably happened to every engine builder at least once.
    Justin Rio

Comment

call me i should be able to source
      jacques
      619 247 7495
      jacqueslefriant@msn.com

Comment

just wanted to say what a nice guy Jacques Lefriant is. I contacted him about a main bearing and it was on my door step about 2 days later. he doesn't know me but sent it with no pre payment, the guy is first class.
        thanks Jay D.

Comment

Ditto! He helped me with some oversize rollers for my trans rebuild.

Comment

It seems there are readily available sources of bearings. The newer ones, sold by the usual vendors are far less than say the original Glyco brand which are reported to be the same Porsche put in their private label boxes.
            In a lot of cases modern technology proves to be better when it comes to engine components. But is this true of the main bearings that are now available with modern alloy composition. I know in the VW arena, they went from steel backed main bearings & and most of the guys are seeking them. early ones.

Comment

Working...
            X