Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notchback window seals

Hi
    I'm restoring a 1962 BT6 Notchback and now I need new window seals. Anybody knows a source for a good Quality?
    Thanks a lot
    Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for joining us and Welcome! I've asked a vendor friend and will let you know what he says.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Some Fotos from my Notchback. I have more if they are interest for you. I cant good describe the working progress because my english is not very good

Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	57945

Name:	08_Heckteil.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	57946

Name:	WP_001623.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	57947

Name:	WP_001569.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	57948
      Originally posted by JTR70" post=22942
      Hi Bruno,

Thanks for joining us and Welcome! I've asked a vendor friend and will let you know what he says.
      Justin
      Hi Justin
      Do you have maybe news about the seals for me.
      Otherwise I will try the seals from International Mercantile
      Thanks a lot
      Bruno

Comment

The ones we were selling had the correct profile, and the vendor no longer has any. If someone will send a factory sample, I can have anything made, and composition of rubber, at any length. We chopped so many notchbacks, we never thought that rubber would ever be a big seller. Happy to help if we can.
        The same factory that makes our speedster rubber extrusion can make your notchback rubber.
        We BUY $ell Trade any NOS green Porsche metal!
        Call toll free today.
        877-356-8827

Comment

I had a conversation recently with Al Zim about 'hardtop61' windows and seals and sizes of each. The Factory parts books are difficult to understand, but it seems most seals relate to either coupe or removable hardtop seals.

I restored a removable hardtop last year for a late Cabriolet. I sent the original side opening vent window seals to Terry at I.M. and he reproduced them from the originals and they worked fine for me.

Bruno, good luck with your project. At least it's one 'notchback' that won't now need a folding top frame........

-Bruce

Comment

Hallo Bruno,

I thought I recognized the 356

This is a very good forum that you have joined as well as the other metall forum you are at.
            I just pasted your link into this site....I hope you dont mind

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8234&highlight=Brunno

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12155

You have really done some nice work in the past.....and still are doing

Regards,
            Per aus Schweden
            JOP

Comment

regards
              Juergen

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. At the moment I have some possibilities... I will decide and will post my experience here in this nice forum.
                Bruno

Comment

Working...
                X