Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for 12v electric fuel pump

Hey Brian,

The only fuel electric fuel pump that I'm familiar which was used with Weber carbs is a Bendix. My father has a '66 911 which originally had Solex carbs and when he converted it to Webers way back in the early '70s I remember seeing and hearing a red Canister shaped bendix pump in the engine compartment that fed them growing up in the late '70s and 80's. I believe its still in there and lasted for well over 25 years; hell it still might work they day the car runs again. Anyway I'm sure there has to be a useful correlation for the 4 cylinder set up.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

When installing an electric fuel pump I normally do two things.
      I install the pump on rubber mountings I use VW rabbit air filter mounts as they are common around here. this reduces the noise made by most pumps.
      The other thing is to use an early Golf GTi fuel injection relay PN 321 906 059F to switch the pump This relay picks up on the points side of the ignition and will only pump if the engine is turning
      I feel strongly that you do not want a pump running after being involved in an accident or other mishap especially when mounting the pump inside the cabin as you are proposing here

regards
      Armand

Comment

Working...
      X