heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads

were would be a good place to get my A heads cut to match my new NPR big bore kit, west coast preferred. should the heads be cut or should the pistons. seems like it would be easier to do the pistons to match the heads
    Jay D.

I've had pistons done to 22* at Rimco in Santa Fe Springs before. Have them cut the exhaust valve pockets deeper as well . Mention my name.
    Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

thanks Jack i'm going to try and call tomorrow, and I will mention your name. I hope they don't hang up on me
      Jay D.

Comment

contacted Rimco today, said your old friend Jack sent me your way. there's a little chuckle and he quotes me just shy of 400.00 to turn the pistons and do 4 valve pockets. maybe I shouldn't have mention your name Jack do you or anyone know of OLLIES or COMPETITION ENGINEERING both have on line prices less than half of Rimco. their must be others let me know
        Jay D.

Comment

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with Walt at competition Engineering.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	carrera566.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	46687
          He did an excellent job of rebuilding these set of heads for my motor.
          Justin Rio

Comment

Thats funny, Jay I had a few sets done about a year and a half ago. Less than $100 per set of 4, IIRC. I had you mention my name because that's how they had the process filed. Inflation's tough these days, huh?

Comment

yep, the price of things is getting out of sight. Anyway I think i'm going to send the pistons to Competition Engineering. I ask about machining the exh. valve pockets, he said how deep do you want to go?
              So how deep do I want to go? I'm going to use a RO 200 series wide lobe cam
              Jay D.

Comment

JACK, you out there? see post above about the valve pockets. I would like to get them done when they do the domes. or should I wait and put it together and check it to see how close I am. I can always send them back

Comment

Heads flycut a bit? Higher lift cam? .040". Pretty much stock? .030". Best to be safe

Comment

THANKS, I'm going to send them out this week again thanks for your help
                    Jay D.

Comment

Working...
                    X