Views:	17
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	37797

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bump3.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	37798

Humm, the only thing to be said without some research is that the ones marked "Huf" with part numbers are the real thing.

We in the 356 hobby have been using the Tasker Taiwan versions so long that it's difficult to remember the details and iterations of repros or the differences of T-5 and T-6 originals (which had differences, the easiest way to tell is by weight, the T-5 early were lighter...), but the Taskers have been used for decades due to good quality and inexpensive cost vs replating originals.

However, even that is changing. The Tasker repros are not as 'cheap' as they once were and some quality is lacking here and there. Who knows, the Taiwanese maybe be subbing those out to mainland China!

Good pictures, good challenging question! Someday I will learn how to put words and arrows on those I send.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I do have several with part numbers (same # as the parts books) and an unidentifiable logo of some sort. Your statement about one being lighter begs another question. I sent photos for chrome estimates; and two of the shops differed on what the thought the material was. One said "pot metal" and the other said aluminum, both claimed to have worked on dozens. Thanks for the help

Comment

There was a blog going around by Roy Lock that concerned those over-riders; variations and differences. I asked if I could get him to offer that here and he replied that he would, or send it to me to post.....after the big LA meet this weekend.

-Bruce

Comment

Hey Brian, Thanks for posting and Welcome to our forum!! One assumption you could possibly make is that your known original guards with part #'s do not have the stud with a bottom based jamb nut. So this detail could be another tell tale to ID the originals. Thanks for jumping in Bruce! T5 and 6's are not my specialty... Justin

BTW: Brian if you get a chance introduce yourself and tells about your car(s) in the welcome mat.
          Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
          X