Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T2 Speedster windscreen post question

Hi Guys
    I have a question regarding T2 Speedster windscreen posts.
    Is the mounting pin (that goes inside the body) the same as T1?
    I seem to remember on my 59 Convertible D that the post attachment pin was tapered and much longer and fixed behind the dash/door opening.
    Unlike early speedsters that are attached via an allan bolt in a small pear shaped indentation in the door jam.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Regards
    Drew

Hey Drew,

All speedster windshield frames and posts are completely interchangeable from 1954 through productions end in 1958. (1959 GT speedsters of course are the same as well) The windshield posts on the earliest of 1954 speedsters had a more larger square shape(but would still fit on a 1958 speedster) They changed the posts profile to the sleeker standard shape sometime in later 1954 and they remained unchanged through the production run. The upper and lower speedster windshield frame was the same part throughout.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	540339.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	36366
    Like you said the speedster posts mounts where located to the front of the outer A pillar base and all 540's had these pockets for the receivers.

The Convertible D and later roadsters where a completely different animal and mounted and bolted up blindly behind the A pillar with a much longer shank.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Justin
      Thank you for the information.
      I did not realise that speedster posts did not change with the type 2 changes.
      Now I have looked at all the reference pics I have collected I can see the pocket even on late cars.
      I followed your story where you created moulds of these pockets, do you still have these moulds and if so would it be possible to give some dimensions to them?
      Regards
      Drew

Comment

Sure Drew, My pleasure. Its been years since I've seen those old molds but I'm sure they are in an old box somewhere. I'll try and find them.
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
        X