Hardtops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtops

Someone please tell the fellow over there that if he will ask the question over here, he will get an answer.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Please tell TIM that one does not need the kardexes. Ask here and there will be an answer.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Thanks Steve! I let Max know...
        Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Steve. Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know how many 58/59 Porsche 356A 's were delivered with a hardtop only .

Thanks. Max

Comment

Anyone know how many 1958/59 Cabriolets were ordered with the Reutter hardtop only. These being the first years offered I would assume not many.

Thanks. Max Handley

Comment

Max,

I will try to answer later today. Interesting to me as to this is that hardtops were noted on the production records with an "H" before the chassis number. The first one I see is 150060 finished on 2 January 1958.

I will try to count them later today. The book coming out notes hardtops on the 4-cam cabs.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Max,

I count 715 by 30 December 1958. Some of this is hard to read so I may have missed a few. I stopped counting inasmuch as it seems there are many as oppossed to a few. Let me know if I should go on.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Wow Steve that's a lot more then I had imagined, seems like a popular option back in the day.

Thanks for the info.

Best Max

Comment

You are most welcome.

Many more than I would have guessed, as well. And, many of these also had tonneau covers provided.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Working...
                    X