Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356 technical engine chassis and body

Guys,
    Some info I have posted before on Samba some is new. In the late sixties and very early seventies a number of technical reports were produced by some guys in the Porsche Club UK when I was also a member.
    This info now over 40 years old took them some time to produce and one guy an American Tony Standen who had a passion for 356 made a good job of this with also another member. He passed a number of years ago but I often refer to their work. I know they had contacts at the factory and for this information of establishing chassis numbers to engines, engine model types to engine numbers and when detail changes were made in production it really helped many when buying a car over 40 years ago. I cannot guarantee anything they have written but it has always tied up very well for me .
    Further more, its easy to find rather than looking through books. I also attach a single 356 accessory page form 1964. It details the items and price for accessories bought in 1964. ( Multiply by 1.6 the English pound price for dollars to give you an rough idea. Again there were accessories shown I had no idea were available.

Photo one: ( Engine model types from 1950 -1964 )

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_2013_1080_wyl8356enginechassisnos_015.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	32674

Photos two and three: ( 356 changes to the chassis 1950-end of 356A)

Name:	resize1952chassisinfo1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	32675

Name:	resize1952chassisinfo2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	32676

Photo four: ( 356B/C chassis changes )

Name:	rsz_2013_1080_wyl8356enginechassisnos_013.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	32677

Photo five: ( 1964 accessories )

Name:	rsz_2013_1093_taxdiscs64accessories_002.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	32678

Roy

Guys,

Pressed the wrong button for the ACCESSORIES!! However to explain those tax discs shown in the photo I recently found out they ( the government ) have decided they are no longer required for the windscreen. They say the police never check them and all info can be checked now on computer in seconds. So my collection from 72 onwards is now at at an end I threw away the ones from 1969 and 70 /71 most people always chuck them away I liked them so started saving them in 72.

I guess I coul;d be called a 'nerd'

Anyway the correct photo follows now I hope!

Accessories from 1964

Name:	resize356accessories.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	32680

Roy

Comment

Roy, thank you for posting this! What a great resource with some very definitive details like the first cabriolet being chassis # 5015. I am sure there are minor mistakes but what a nice reference! How did you come by this stuff? Are those the registration certificates for your coupe through the years in your last photo? Thanks again! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
      X