• Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas from Santa!

Click image for larger version

Name:	unt.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	32594
    Frieda wins best of Germany at the 2006 British Car Club of Central Virginia annual European car show. She was in good company. Sgt. Santa of the Marine Corps passed out the prizes--the event raised money for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.

Name:	IMG_4872.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	32592

Name:	IMG_4863.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	32593

Well done Pat tbe car looks great. Sgt Santa I think didn't have to buy a wig and beard looks like his own?

Roy

Comment

Yes, looks like it was a really nice show! Frieda looks exceptionally clean! Thanks Pat! Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Yeah--I clean her up once a year and use a duster to keep her that way. I use something called Drywash (maybe it is Driwash) --been using it for 20 years and love it. Spray it on and wipe it off and mild buffing with a dry rag. Incompatible with H2O. So I was the car with a sponge bath, dry it then use Driwash. Good stuff. Learned about it from a Jag E type guy at a car show.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Pat! I'll keep that in mind for the future. Your approach is absolutely correct though; its not wise to turn a garden hose on these old cars for a good soaking. Its Much wiser to "spit-bathe" them and let that deep rust continue to sleep.
          Thanks again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

I use Turtle Wax ICE spray usually and a micro fiber towel or two or three.
            Dick

2013 Classics On The Green aka Central Virginia European Car Show-1st in Class Early Porsche.

Name:	9-15-1322.RoadsterRearInTrophyLineUp.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	32835

Comment

I somehow have ended up on the mailing list from GK restorations for a few years now. Their new Christmas card arrived today:

Name:	3562590.JPG
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	33236
              I think that would be my wish too!

Name:	3562591.JPG
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	33237
              Also wanted to share this great card from my good friend Gordon and his wife Cheryl. That's them as High school sweethearts and recreation shot all these years later with the very same truck in the original photo. Thanks Gordon, love that old photo!

Merry Christmas to all!
              Justin
              Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
              X