Leave a comment:

• Porscheke
    replied
    Nice upgrade

Leave a comment:

• roy mawbey
    replied
    Bart,

Not a stupid question at all. If its the small diameter pull switch you are talking about, with the chrome bezel you can just see in this photograph below, its a switch for two spot lamps ( drivers lights ) I had on the car for some years in the early 70's when I used it as a daily driver. It was until a few years ago a small black toggle switch but, I changed it for an original one from a 1952 pre-A we owned. Thought it was more in keeping and I always think at least some of that nice pre-A we had then is still running around on the UK roads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resizedash.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	92243

Roy

Leave a comment:

• Porscheke
    replied
    Hello Roy

Stupid question probably but what's that black switch above your radio

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	ins0550.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	92240

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	ins83270.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	91735

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	ins0042.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	91635

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	ins56859.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	89695

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	ins9170.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	89349

Leave a comment:

• JR
    replied
    Most Cool Roy!
    Yard (Garden) is mowed and it is SUNNY, finally, so its time to take the Roadster out for a run!
    Dick

Name:	1b.RoadsterInteriorWithHat-JimCondonPic.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	88495

Leave a comment:

• roy mawbey
    replied
    My 356A is 58 years old, Yesterday took it out and a mile from home
    the odometer arrived at 30,000 miles (or actually 130,000 miles.) By the time I arrived home, it read 30001.I took a couple of photo's

I worked out that means 2,240 miles per annum since new. Taking into account I now only drive local and shortish journeys so calculated I hope very much to be still around by my mid 90's before it clicks over another 10,000 miles. It makes you think a little, having a calculator

Name:	2017_1143vivsdressheatpump356interior013.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	88492

Name:	2017_1143vivsdressheatpump356interior014.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	88493

Roy

Leave a comment:

replied

Name:	yst009.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	88343

Leave a comment:

• bbspdstr
    replied
    I have a LHD Cabriolet in restoration now that was a clear example of how Porsche used up production while morphing from T-0 to T-1 A. The gauge holes have the raised edge, the nose is a 'pre'-A and the floor was one half pre- and the other later A. The holes were there for "European" after the "Continental" fiasco. This 356 was of December '55 production with October '55 15" wheels.

NSN and NSA (Never say never and never say always when it comes to the 356)

Bruce, (learning something new about the older Porsches almost every day, more days than not, and have so for over 50 years!)

Leave a comment:

• Merv
    replied
    It would be nice to know Roy. As you say RHD production was low and if so why the extra cost of a new stamping die? I have recently seen at least one LHD to RHD conversion that attended to this feature, there are still dash panels out there.

Leave a comment:

• roy mawbey
    replied
    Norm and Merv,

Thanks for that info. You learn something every day on these cars. I think you are correct Norm, in maybe 1954 knowing the 356A was on the way they made the LHD version punch and die progression tool set up without the lip added. Then a few months?? later the RHD version with the lip. Tooling sets were really expensive then and yes Norm, maybe in the space of months someone thought the dash would look good with those lips. As only 5% ?? of production was RHD interesting they did this. I presume?? the early very first 356A RHD cars say registered in 1956 did have the lips?

Thanks Merv and you too Norm, I should have noticed this difference a long time ago!

Roy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X