Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help !Valve Stems for lightweight space savers ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !Valve Stems for lightweight space savers ??

Hi all I'm back from a summer off the build of my 356 Basket . About two months ago I dropped off my four later model Porsche Space saver lightweight wheels for them to paint and have my tires mntd.& Balanced. I got a call from this morning and the valve stems that I got for them won't fit . We tried them at the time and I believe the diameter was right. They said on the phone they or the rims were too thin not sure.I got them from the local speed shop after striking out at the Porsche Dealer . Anybody else have this problem ? Does anybody have a source for these? Any help would be great,Thanks in advance. ,Bruce C.

Never mind I solved the problem as it was actually with the Tech that was doing it.Thanks, Bruce

Comment

Bruce, what Valve stems did you end up using with these wheels?
      Justin
      Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Justin , I got them last summer from a Speed shop that also caters to the Metric Tuner crowd as well but the tire installer threw the box away. So I went by Indy Auto Parts where I purchased them today and got some imfo. The brand name is "Topline Custom Wheel acc.'s" the guy also refered to the kind of stems are "Clamp in " and other company's make them. The important part is the the hole Diameter. I brought an old stem and a set of Vernier Calipers to be sure I got the right size but I'm sure you could order them online as long as you have the exact ID in Metric , as there are several different sizes. Mine are even Chrome for extra HP. I hope this helps
        Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce! Any photos of them?
          Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
          X