ID:	41314

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	10171676_10152347689621142_5704545639011865437_n.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	41484

Comment

• 80005. First production Speedster and only one this color... Terrakotta.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Harvey Smith restoration, I believe. I recall an article on the resto in Excellence, then Porsche, prior to the 'reminder' from Porsche AG.
          He was working in Byron, California at the time. I took note since it's adjacent to Bethany, California, my daughter's namesake, at least
          that's what I told her when she was somewhat younger....

Comment

• Pearl

Click image for larger version

Name:	JANISCRB1psy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	41488

Comment

• Great photo Dick ! Here's me at 21 , year 1966, just after my Naval Air Reserve training At Memphis NAS. Enlisted in 66 , trained as a recip. Mech. For the AD-4 Skyraider. Never saw active duty but was proud to serve , I salute you Sir , well done!

Name:	image_2014-04-29.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	41493

Comment

• Hey,
                Great photos and nice Speedster. We missed each other at NAS Memphis.
                I was there May and June 1965 for Data Analysis School. I drove the Roadster out there from Pax River and had to get a starter changed at the Porsche dealer on the Southside of Memphis. It is still on the car. Where are you located now?
                Ah yes recips, when the engines were round and so were the guys who flew them. The SPAD was a super airplane.
                There is one flying at the Military Aviation Museum South of NAS Oceana.

Name:	10.AD-4Spad.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	41498

Thanks for your service!
                Dick

Comment

• Thanks, I've always been in N. Calif., served my reserve duty at alameda NAS. I'm currently living in TIburon, just north of San Francisco. Will be 70 this Friday, it's nice to know a few of us are still around actively enjoying our Porsches. I have had many Porsches in my life ( mostly 356's). I loved each one but it was easy to let them go and try another model as they were somewhat plentiful here. This has certainly changed so my present Porsche a 59 cab., a one family owned car ,

Name:	image_2014-04-29-3.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	41502
                  will be with me for sometime. I'm currently do a sympathetic restoration to keep the patina and it's well earned history intact. This is a wonderful site Justin has created and it seems to be getting more popular than ever.

Comment

• Great early photo of you Max! I always enjoy seeing shots of you guys back in the day! A very nice thing to say but I can't take credit for this site; hell I didn't even build it.(don't know how ) I commissioned a basic frame work but its only thanks to the efforts of great guys like yourself who are willing to share their time, expertise and photos that is making this site an interesting place to visit. So my thanks and appreciation to all of you!
                    Justin
                    Justin Rio

Comment

• Hey MAX,
                      Going to be 70 HUH?
                      Ah youth!
                      I'm 79 going to be 80 on 12/31/14 (New Years Eve) everybody celebrates it!

Yep been to NAS Alemeda many times. Mid 60s brought the Sec Nav VA-3B out there many times and in 1968 left on USS Coral Sea for WestPac from Alameda.

Name:	USSCoralSeaUnrepping.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	41548
                      Got back there in July 1970 after a cruise in A6As with VA-35.

Name:	1969-70VA-35A6AUSSCoralSeaOnTheCat.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	41549
                      1973 thru 1978 I was out there picking up or bringing A3s into or out of NARF on the OSCAR 8 line taking them either to Guam or Rota, SP.

Everytime I see Mythbusters on TV I see a familair site at Alameda.
                      I had to use the arresting gear on Rwy 31 one day when we lost a ATM mid way to HI and had to turn around. The controls got pretty stiff that day and no brakes to stop.

This was my Roadster and a C-172 that my former RA3B Nav and I had in the early 90s at Chesterfield County Airport.

Name:	C-172356.JPG
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	41550
                      Thanks again for your info!
                      Yes, this is a great site!
                      Dick

Comment

• We never found an aircraft that we trusted to land safely.
                        1963, 18 and on your left.

Name:	jjkdfs.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	41554
                        Did have some interesting cars though, mine being the bugeye.

Name:	sprite-2.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	41555
                        Gratuitous inspiring 356 photo Goat Rock beach, Russian
                        River, Sonoma County, California

Name:	goatrock.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	41556

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Max356B.jpg
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	41559

Comment

• Happy Birthday early Max!
                            Great photos once again you guys! So impressive seeing that jet getting ready for take-off! Love your buddies '62 Corvette Joel!
                            Thanks for sharing these photos with all of us! Justin
                            Justin Rio

Comment

• Yeah-heard those stories before!
                              My brother in law was Airborne!
                              They paid us to try and have the landings and take offs equal!
                              :>))
                              Keep 'em coming!
                              Dick

Comment

• Forgot to mention, the MGA was a twin cam and belonged to Kirk, my old
                                high school buddy. He's on the right in the photo. Had a lot of fun with those cars.
                                Max, Are you going on the spring Sierras drive with 356 car ?
                                Joel

Name:	VINEYARDS.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	41569

Comment

Working...
                                X