oil pump cover for an electric tach. I plan on running the original
    mechanical tach in my 56 T-1.
    Thank you, Gordon

"Could someone on the list tell me what years oil pump with a mech tach
    drive will bolt on my 66 912 engine. It currently has a flat plate
    oil pump cover for an electric tach. I plan on running the original
    mechanical tach in my 56 T-1.
    Thank you, Gordon"

Any cover for a "big" gear oil pump engine. I know that a 16mm pickup tube engine's pump cover works, but I think any B or C/SC has the 36mm gears and would therefore work. The gears were the same as a 912 except for the (geared) drive end, so you will need that as well, as the later electric tach engines...356 and 912.... did not have that feature.

I suggest a glance at Stoddard's online catalog (or any other...or parts book...I have to bug out and can't do that right now, sorry) to be more sure.

Comment

Its been my experience that the '64 C/SC "big gear" oil pump and tach assembly is a direct bolt-on to the 912 motor. Not sure when the change occurred in the B-series motors but I would bet the house that at least the S-90 had the big pump.
      Justin Rio

Comment

For decades guys have been making this change in reverse. Full-flow oil pump cover and change to electric tach. Should be lots of these parts in the spider boxes...
        Craig Richter

Comment

Craig, I just looked (again) in your book and found nada about tappets. You prefer flat or with a ever-so-slightly radius? I checked ALL my books to be sure my memory was still working a little, and found no spec for the slight dome. Walt always told me he did this grind "while watching TV."

Thanks,
          -Bruce

Comment

I don't recall exactly, but it was a BIG circle, like 40" or so. I do remember the gizmo machine Ray used...Walt probably still uses it.

Luck,
            Craig
            Craig Richter

Comment

Working...
            X