Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first time...

...seeing a real Speedster!

This was at the MO-Kan VW show held in Weston, MO. With all the excitement of seeing the real deal and taking pictures I think I heard that he bought it new, raced it, restored it in the eighties and is a member of the PCA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	show1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	22329

Name:	show2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	22330

Name:	show3.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	22331

Name:	show4.jpg
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	22333

Name:	show5.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	22334

Comment

Name:	show6.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	22336

Name:	show7.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	22337

Comment

You can't beat a real one can you

Nice car, nice looking later engine. Nice photos!

I remember in the 60's seeing my first speedster. We only had around 5 off RHD delivered speedsters into the UK, and it was rare then to see any LHD cars on our roads let alone imported 356 cars.

The one I saw was red, RHD and saw it again, 25 years or so later at a PCGB event. Now the owner writes for 'Classic Porsche' over here and he still has it along with another one!!

I can see why you were excited to see the car, I remember driving out of my way just to pass by it when he often parked it by an underground station ( metro ) near London.

Roy

Comment

Thanks for posting these really nice photos Frank! The speedsters are really so much more beautiful in person. Roy, is correct about having the real deal in front of you. After this show; is that when you decided you were going to buy a 356? Thanks again! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

The show was just about two months ago. Would have posted the pictures sooner but my old phone wouldn't upload them to the computer.
            I wanted one (kit car Speedster)back in 1996 when I moved into my first house with a garage. I had bought a 65' bug for the donor. Took the VW body off the pan, had ordered chrome wheels, Porsche emblem hub caps, seat belts and a whole bunch of other things like a rebuilt trans from Rancho and a complete front end from Cal Imports. Then like so many stories heard before... life gets in the way. Two kids later, a few houses later, move away for a job relocation. I Couldn't scrape up enough money to get a kit, something always came up.
            Crazy how all these years I only ever saw fiberglass Speedsters.

Comment

Working...
            X