Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Steve,

I had contact with Mike Smith (PRS services ) as he was the guy who advised me that car is in Germany. He advised me today he wishes he knew where it was as he was also interested in it

As you know Mike has owned not only the Carrera A but had joint ownership of Jim Clarks 356A and recently I found out he also owned and sold to Germany a ' Von Sauter'. Mike is a very experienced 356 man and is also restoring a lovely 356 pre-a cab to a high standard.

I do know, because I read about it on a forum maybe the registry but more likely DDK the fact about the history of the aluminium cab. I have the feeling the area in Germany was mentioned or the club the person who owns it now belongs to was. It was me that started the thread I think because I wanted to know if it still existed!

Mike did ask after you Steve.

Roy

Comment

Thanks for the update Roy! Its neat that you kept the ad all this time. Hind sight can certainy drive you crazy! Doesn't surpise me to hear that the car suffers with electrolisys issue where the two metals were riveted together. It will be very interesting when the car does finally resurface. Thanks again! Justin
        Justin Rio

Comment

Mike Smith is a great guy. If anyone can find it, he can.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Working...
          X