Heater control Cable hookup & Knob adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater control Cable hookup & Knob adjustment

I'm getting ready to hookup my heater cables to the heater boxes and would like to know which way the knob turns to turn the heater on and off. i.e. do you turn the knob clock wise for on and counter clock wise for off also what position should the knob be and the heater box flaps be when hooking up the cables. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help. George

Hi George,

here is the answer to your first question straight out of my owners manual. When hooking the wire cables up you'll want the knob in the off position to get all the slack adjusted out. Are you missing parts to this system or is it just unhooked?
    Justin
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3561991.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	5648
    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, Thanks for the help, I don't think at this time I'm missing any thing as every thing seems to be there other than the pieces that you hook the cables up to at the heater boxes. they at like the connectors used to hold choke wires on American car. But I have several sizes of those off of different equipment that I can make work. I think the wires coming from the heater control knob are good so I think all I need to do is hook them up. If I have any more question or problems I'll post them. Thanks again for the help. George

Comment

George,

Yes, and in the off position the flapper plate of course should be flat in the box at the back. Best to check by hand the flaps move through the complete arc. Sometimes the box can have a kink in it.

Roy

Comment

Roy Thanks for the tip, I'll have the car up on the lift this week-end hooking them up and the wife can run the heater knob through the complete cycle while I watch the flap movement. I'm hoping that the heater control wires are still in good condition and I won't have to replace them. Should have done this before the weather turned cold and I need them, oh well the Speedster is never that dry or warm just hope to keep the frost and snow off the windshield when driving it. Take care George

Comment

Justin & Roy, Got the heater cables hooked up and heaters work. Well flaps open and close and heat comes out but being a Speedster can't expect a whole lot of heat but hopefully it will keep the frost of the windshield. Thanks for all the help and advice. Hope all is well. George

Comment

George,

Pleased you got it all working. The screen demisters do puff out some heat but not of course that much compared to modern systems with fans but in the coupe, the cabin does quite well really given those 2 small diameter holes and the vents for the screen. The Speedster though might be a bit less comfortable if the hood lets in some cold air. But, with a warm jacket on and a Speedster you won't feel the cold, driving will be too enjoyable for you to feel the cold.

Roy

Comment

Glad you got it all worked out George! That seemed very easy and quick from this end. Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, Yes it was really easy to hook them up once I knew which way the control know worked the flaps thanks for the pictures which really helped a bunch. Take Care. George

Comment

Working...
                  X