Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUF introduce a 356 car into their program

Justin
    It looks like this RUF 356m will have a Polo engine in it? that might interest you to see more on it. Dick advised the link to me, no idea on the price.

http://ruf-automobile.de/en/modell/ruf-r56-11/

Roy

i think this car is a real Carrera2 that got a 901 gearbox and Polo type engine. it may be the C2 that Fitzpatric traded Ruf back in the 80s that belonged to a former customer of mine.
    j

Comment

Thanks for the link Roy! Yes, that is a Polo motor in there. Dean sold them an engine kit a few years back. I sure hope Dean sees a few more engine orders out of this. He's such a great guy most deserving.

Jacques, I doubt that its the same car your thinking of. It is so highly modified that it would foolish for even RUF to cut up a real Carrera 2. The chassis from the cock pit out is all early 901 that has been grafted in so its a lot more involved than a 901 gear box and trailing arms.
      Justin Rio

Comment

Hi Justin
        you are probably correct now that i look more closely at the front part and the dash. the only reason i have not done that to some of my C2s is i don't have the requiset skill or time. Back in 1992 we took a C2 coupe installed a 901 box adjustable spring plates from an 911SC. A 904 style front cooler. twin brake master cylinders and balance bar upside down Bilstein shocks and a few more secret mods. the loaner 587 engine is now going to a better home with it distributors back on to replace the crank fire units. No i am going to continue modifing the car and install a 2.4 or better engine.
        j

Comment

Working...
        X