356A t1 restoration details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356A t1 restoration details

We are in the process of a 356a T1 restoration and I'm looking for some details from known original cars. First, I'm looking for weld details on the rocker panel supports. Thanks in advance, Tinman

Forward section gets a small seam weld to secure it. Rear bracket would have been spot welded at both ends.
    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, thanks for your help. The forward section doesn't get the small rectangular piece of sheet metal like on an NOS rocker?

Comment

No worries. Almost all of those NOS rockers that have come up for sale or that I have seen where for a B or C car. That small rectangular piece is a later model detail. 356A'a just received a small gas welded tack directly to the splash pan flange like you show it.
        Justin Rio

Comment

one more weld detail question. hopefully the last one on the bottom side of this car! I'm looking for weather or not this seam at the front of the longitudinals should be welded or left alone. Thanks in advance, Tinman

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	159cp.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	107790
            End of the longitudinal gets a little gas weld.
            Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, thanks again for all your help on this project. I'm still hoping to get a build thread put together to show all the work that has gone into this car when time allows. Tinman

Comment

Working...
              X