Clutch cable conection to arm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch cable conection to arm help

i'm in the process of installing my clutch cable. my question is how does the cable arm end fit? the arm has a concave side that faces the front of the car there is a convex nut and a plaint nut. looking at it one would put the convex nut in the concave hole but facing towards the front of the car it really does no good. It should be on the rear facing side so when the cable is pulled it pivots on the convex nut. am I over thinking this or is something wrong. I seem to remember that a VW has the adjusting nut fit on from the rear and fit a socket in the arm then a jamb nut holds it all in place, nothing on the forward part of the cable. This is for a 356A with a 644 trans
    Jay D.
    Last edited by badsix; 03-02-2019, 02:59 AM.

What your describing sounds correct. The concave side should face the motor so the pivot nut has a saddle. Did you install the arm on backwards? I can get a shot from my factory manual if you need.
    Justin
    Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, if it wouldn't be a problem a picture would be nice. I've done some searching and haven't found anything. I haven't touched the arm but the way its curved it looks like it correct if it was turned around the arm would point out away from the trans. I believe that's not the correct way.
      Jay D.

Comment

Heres a shot out of my factory manual.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_60302.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	104962
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_60303.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	104963
        I dug out the OG that goes in mine.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_60304.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	104964
        Its set up to go either way. HTH
        Justin
        Last edited by JTR70; 03-03-2019, 11:20 PM.
        Justin Rio

Comment

thanks Justin, i'm going to check it out in the morning it may be universal, sure felt flat on one side when I reached up there and felt it.

Jay D.

Comment

• JTR70
            JTR70 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure you'll find it very similar to mine...

your pictures are correct. It just felt flat on that side, I couldn't really see up their. I guess I need to practice my feeling.
          Jay D.

Comment

Working...
          X