Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	87148

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1597.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	87150
            The first one of my old repro wood wheels. Fat spokes, wood was done here locally. He wrapped thin laminations around the frame, then shaped it......I like it....a strong wheel.

Comment

Name:	SAM_1699.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	87152

Comment

Nice looking wheels!

Name:	carrera867.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	87192
                Here's a super early nardi

Name:	carrera869.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	87193
                with chrome plated steel hub

Name:	carrera868.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	87194
                I saw this wheel in a Speedster that Craig Stevenson was restoring many years ago. The car was later sold to John Wurner who then sold this wheel to me. I believe Craig told me that he bought it from Bill Brown. Was this one yours Bill?
                Justin Rio

Comment

Yeah Justin.....I remember selling that wheel to Craig......that had to be 25 years ago! Does that wheel have a date? I`ve had a couple steel hub early Nardi wheels, but don`t remember if they were dated. I remember it having a steel horn surround too, correct?

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Bill. It does have the steel trim ring and it looks to have been machined out at some point to accept the larger A horn button as I can see where it has gotten into the dowls a bit. It doesn't have a date stamp and all I know about it is what Craig told me. Being Steel/alloy he said it was Nardi's first version for 356 but I can't remember if he specified if it was early or late 1950's?? He just said it was super early and rare so with that in mind I snagged it from John when I saw it up for sale. Do you have any idea when these came out?
                    Justin Rio

Comment

The earliest dated Nardi I`ve had was a "59......my guess is, that your wheel is 56-58. I`ve seen that same wheel on some 550 cars, steel hub......who knows? I had a copy of the Nardi book, but it really does`nt go into the wood wheels much.....but more on the cars. I plead guilty to having the hub machined to accept the "A" hornbutton. Back then, there were none of those mushroom buttons around. I think I did that to a couple wheels......and ya know what.....I`d do it again!. I love the stock "A" button.

Comment

I Agree, machining it for the A-button was the right way to go Bill. To be honest I really don't care for the looks of the nardi button with that tiny logo. I think it detracts from the wheel IMHO. This wheel needs just a whisper more removed as all my original A buttons fit way too snug to remove without damaging them. I've partially started one and it gets real tight in a hurry. Besides there is also no access hole from behind to drive it out with a punch; not yet anyway. It may have been fitted to a Spyder since there are no provisions for a signal cancel ring but no one can say for sure. BTW, you certainly have had alot of killer parts and cars pass through your door over the years!
                        Justin Rio

Comment

Working...
                        X