Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	8821

Click image for larger version

Name:	pauls911bodywork009.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	8822

Comment

So its been a while since I have found the time to ad anything constructive to this wonderful new web site. (However I still manage to find the time to perve ("perve" being Australian slang for lets say "closely veiwing")on the bad ass babes (as I like to call it).
      I have very quickly posted some images which are a bit all over the place as far as the sequence in which the project unfolded.BTW JR the cursed pre a is still not here!!! Sorta comical really! maybe this month?

Comment

Name:	pauls911003.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	8826

Name:	pauls911005.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	8827

Name:	IMG_0170.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	8828

Comment

This has turned into some project; what an undertaking! The metal finished body is absolutely gorgious! She must be in final paint by now?? So glad you're enjoying JP's thread at the very least. I hope the pre-a gets there soon! Thanks for updating this build! Justin
          Justin Rio

Comment

Wow, nice work. What tool and finishing pad do you use to give you that incredible bare metal finish. After spending 5 hours today in the back of my 356 doing patches I am in awe of your metal work skills. Thanks for posting. Oh, and are you ever going to add that passenger side mirror? Here in the states our 73 era cars had a rectangle mirror. I saw this car had a round one from the first post.
            Mark Erbesfield
            57 356A
            65 911
            68 912
            73 911S
            66 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
            79 450SL Dad's old car

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind words,After the repairs are completed we firstly remove the file marks with 80 grit velcro backed discs on a soft sponge backing. fairly low speed (about 2000 rpm ) on a variable speed buff. We then go over that with a black 3M clean and strip nylon disc disc at and even lower speed (both discs are the standard 7" diameter)
              after final prep we use glasurit metal prep and seal it with glasurit epoxy(The green stuff). I can just imagine the customer picking up the car and asking where the passenger mirror is. No its not fitted yet but I am continually looking at mirror fitments on original early cars before I get the drill out. This car was a US delivered 73.5 T, one of those weird end of production cars where they used up any of the old crap they had with some of the new stuff (like CIS in this case) The style of mirrors on the car were not great and were hard to see out of, we will have to see what we end up using! And an update on the pre A, in a container now and the boat leaves Wednesday. What could be next? Maybe pirates?

Comment

Oh you should do that; finish the car completely minus the passenger mirror and have him come get it! Don't Jinx it! The car will make it safe and sound! Justin
                Justin Rio

Comment

I need to install a ROS mirror on my 70 T What is the estimated cost

Seriously has anyone extended a mirror or just mount it aft so it can be seen?

Stormin

Comment

Reference passenger side door mirror [right hand door mirror for a LHD motor]:
                    01. Secure a rectangulardoor mirror [911.731.016.00] from a RHD motor;
                    02. Place it on the passenger door a few inches aft of the position of the driver's mirror so that the driver can see what he needs to see - trial and error needed here!
                    03. Why have I gone into such detail? Because I want a rectangular door mirror [911.731.016.00] for my 1967 912 [460960 with 752700 - matching numbers]. The attached photo shows what I need!

Name:	912RHDDoorMirror.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	41689

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Peter and Welcome to our forum!! If you get a chance please introduce yourself in the welcome mat section and tells us about yourself and your cars. Welcome once again!
                      Justin
                      Justin Rio

Comment

Justin, thank you so much for your welcoming remarks . . . . I will indeed introduce myself . . . . To start the ball rolling - I'm British living in Manila with a 1947 M.G. TC and a 1967 912 . . . . Cheers from Maynila Boy [Peter]

Comment

Working...
                        X