Some light weight mods to my 356 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashely,

First time I have looked at your thread, should have looked earlier. Just looked at all your modifications. Lovely work, really nice to look at. The fuel pump system looks very tempting to me and well thought out for sure.

I am a bit like an ostrich and leave my head in the sand a bit. But...
    of late my fuel system is visably dry ( perfect ) the mechanical pump is working perfectly, the carbs are set up and work with the correct delivery, power and idle.

So.. everything is top notch providing... I use the car at least twice a week. I now have to accept this new fuel ( or new for me ) does evaporate in the bowls. If left for week, I pump the pedal 4 or 5 times instead of 3 and it fires but then it has no delivery to continue. I repeat the procedure till the pump presumably fills the bowls then it starts as normal. Of course if I had your really nice set up it would be no problem to just flick a switch to prime then pump the pedal 3 times as normal?

Interesting thread.

Roy

Comment

Roy, thanks for the nice commits and your contributions on the forums are always anticipated, appreciated and a big help!
      Ashley
      Ashley Page

Comment

Working...
      X