Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elva on Registry Forum

Guys,

The Carrera book notes this as 12 March 1967, Elva-Porsche 70P/050 at Willow Springs. Pilot Ed Bowman. Possibly 27 March 70/067 in South Africa, but I doubt it.

Steve Heinrichs

Hi Steve
    Thanks for picking this up. I believe it is 70P/038 the 8 cylinder car that the Factory raced. Supposedly it left the factory with either the 90401? or a 6 cylinder engine to the US in 1965/6 to a Orlie Pacheco then to Edward Templeman then Edmond Pery. The problem is i have that body and at least 2 other 038 exist. One in Belgium at D'Ieteren museum? and the other one was at RRV being restored to 6 cylinder. i was going to post the pictures to this forum but i couldn't. you don't list a transmission could it have had an 822? Has anyone seen a picture of the rear with the body off of the 8 cylinder version?
    j

Comment

Jacques,

A few things---

We think 050 because of start Nr. 2 in photo.

90401 was third motor in 038 and, yes, there is a dispute over 038. I think the real one is in the museum and the other a recreation.

I do not think the 822 trans was the one it had but could be.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Hi Steve
        my friends tell me that one of the Corvettes dates to 1968 that should eliminate 050
        j

Comment

Well....the race was 3/67. 68 Corvettes were being sold so I'm not so sure.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Jacques----sorry---nevermind. My date would not include a 68 Corvette.

I will do more research.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X