Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Spyder 550 550A - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that not Annie Bousquet maiden name?
    Well it was not driven there so on a flatbed/trailer
    JOP

Comment

• So let us try to bring together Steve and Andrew to avoid there will be a real duell between them one day hahaha!
      The factory repaired 07 and therefore used the new chassis and body 0043.
      So it was a new car using engine, tranny and number plate/papers of 07.
      as the engine and tranny were/are the most expensive parts on those cars.
      That would make it a repair (and be the reason why they didn't remove the number 0043).
      When you use a new chassis in Germany for a repair, you normally are not allowed to remove it's new number but you have to devaluate it.
      The car still was called 07 -as I mentioned before, was probably cheaper and easier than selling a complete new car 0043 to a foreign customer (needing new papers) and taking back 07.

Steve- The Delius-Klasing page now say publishing 15.November?
      www.breuer.shop

Comment

• What am I going to do with 2 books Steve...?

19633km is a return trip from Stuttgart to Brazil - see, you knew it all the time - 550-07 went to Brazil, not 550-05
        Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• I found your chassis Steve...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0399_3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	47820

Comment

• Is that Warren Eads hanging on the wheel?
            I havent seen him in over 20 years......but looks like him
            JOP

Comment

• A few notes---

Yes, Annie's maiden name by not quite enough to 'win' the book. What does this tell us is the question. The trip for repair wa after 550-07s Agadir accident in late February. Anniw was in start 40---550-07. Check that photo.

In February and March of 1954, 550-07 underwent experimental testing on the Autobahn, Malmsheim and Hockenheim and elsewhere. This was before its first 25 April appearance with Olivier and Veuillet at Montlhery.

In January of 1954 Stuck raced 550-05 in Rio and Sao Paulo and "sold" the car.

No 550 other than 550-05 could have possibly been there as no other car after 550-05 had been produced in time, except 550-01, 02, 03, 04.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Is this the experimental testing Steve? This is also the same configured car with the fixed rear - 550-05...

Name:	6813172500_9169742937_o_2014-08-15.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	47825

Comment

• Yes, I believe so. Back this afternoon re why fixed rear which has caused so much confusion.

Comment

• Blendl racing at Mont Ventoux in 1957

Name:	Blendlcopy.png
Views:	45
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	47871

Comment

• I believe this is Fischer in 550-0036.

By the way, Blendl purchased 550-07 from Porsche and I have copies of the German ownership papers.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Just rechecked - you are correct. Did Blendl buy the car from Porsche or the family?

Comment

• Andrew,

I'm trying to understand. I know the answer but cannot figure out how knowing this helps at all.

The internal book listing all (well, most) of 550-015 through 550-0090 also has a entry for 550-07 showing it to Sonauto 28 June 1956. (This is when Annie picked up to head to LeMans)

Porsche simply never called this car, regardless of its rebuild or reconfiguration, anything other than 550-07.

Please help me understand why knowing about who sold the car helps.

On a slightly different aspect of this---

A buyer of something labeled as 550-07 or 550-0043 should seriously consider what they would be getting:

550-07 had several configurations and rebuilds. The original 07 frame is gone and the last body config burned. Useful parts went on Blendl's 12306 (Carrera shell he bought from Porsche). There is no "data plate" to even build a car around.

"550-0043" never existed. It is one thing---a frame "043" provided, essentially, as a spare part to fix another 550.

The truth is that there were frames after 090 that were used to repair earlier cars.

My conclusion has been and remains that 550-07 with or without 043 frame is gone and the 043 frame can fix another 550 but not "become" a car on its own.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• If 07 has been reconfigured with frame 0043 and still was 07, then burned and frame 0043 is left over, why can't that frame be a legal basis for a "rebirth" of a legal 07 again?
                            If there's a data plate or not.
                            Well, of course it will be a new car in many ways, but how many is left over from 01?
                            The value of that will be another question.
                            But that's only my personal opinion.
                            www.breuer.shop

Comment

• Hi---

Here's how I see it: It matters only what Porsche thinks/thought. There was a 550-01. Yep, today's 550-01 has very, very little of that car. This is true of other cars as well----little is left. The 043 point here is that Porsche never made that car. Porsche has no list with 550-0043 as a car. The test sheet for 0043 simply notes it as a frame for Bousquet. All the other test sheets are much different. 043 is a spare part, in effect just like other frames.

Think of it this way---frame 095 was made---it was a spare. I do not know what happened to it but if 550-0095 showed up today---I'd say---not a Porsche 550.

Also, there were two 086 frames---first repaired an earlier car. Second became 550-0086. That does not mean there were two 550-0086s.

Anyway----I agree as to little value.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• You probably understood me wrong, sorry, my english is not so good.
                                I didn't mean there can be a car 0043 but a car 07.
                                Legal, cause the frame came from 07 (even with number 0043 on it)
                                but with low historic value.
                                Let's jump to another number-0076
                                Andrew displays it on his website but I only knew that car as being converted to a coupe decades ago?
                                www.breuer.shop

Comment

Working...
                                X