Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/justin365/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Spyder 550 550A - ABCGT Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spyder 550 550A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 Edition of the Retromobile carshow will be held in Paris from Wednesday February 3rd to Sunday February 7th
    3 large sails are due to be held during the carshow
    RM-Sothebys Wednesday 3rd on the Vauban place in front of the Invalides
    Bonhams Thursday 4th under the Grand Palais
    Art
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5504_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	71825

Name:	5505_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	71826
    Curial Friday 5th and Saturday 6th inside the Carshow

Comment

• RM Sothebys present 550 068 to their February 3rd auction

Name:	5501_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	71828

Name:	550_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	71829

Name:	5502_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	71830

Name:	5503_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	71831

Comment

• Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0242_2016-01-15.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	71837
          0068 last time I saw it in Florida in the 1990s

Comment

• I also wonder why the estimate is so low.
            Maybe to attract more potential buyers?
            I will be in Paris that day and will follow the auction.

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by matthijs550" post=31972
              I also wonder why the estimate is so low.
              I think if you look closely at the pictures you will find that the quality of this car leaves a lot to be desired

Comment

• I'm thinking of visiting can you recommend one day?

PS

"I think if you look closely at the pictures you will find that the quality of this car leaves a lot to be desired"

I'm surprised to hear that as Andy is well respected, and although not cheap, I've only heard good about the quality of his work. However, I'm not seen the car nor would I be a good judge of the quality of the work.

Comment

• http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/news/a27941/seinfeld-selling-classic-porsches/

Comment

• Thanks for providing this link Neil. Andrew, what chassis # is this Seinfeld 550? The estimated price would be a record for a Spyder correct?
                    ~Vance

Name:	550v453.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	71970

Comment

• The blue spyder is 550-0060. Jerry originally had 3 spyders but has already sold one privately. Although a record at auction, many have sold for more privately. Dutoit raced this one and it is a very original 550 so it should get a good price
                      Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• [quote="Porschinelle" post=31963]
                        Driving the road to discovery - www.type550.com

Comment

• Neil wrote

Name:	neil_2016-01-20.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	71995

Hi Neil
                          Retromobile will be open from Wednesday Feb 3rd 10 AM to Sunday 7th 7 PM
                          Obviously you have to avoid visiting Saturday and Sunday if you want to see the cars
                          Personnaly just in case you want to meet me I am requested by the Porsche 914 Club de France to insure their permanence on the Porsche stand who has a dedicated room to welcome all Porsche club members
                          Just go and inquire
                          RM-Sothebys sale to be Wednesday evening in front of the Invalides
                          Bonhams sale to be Thursday 4th under the Grand Palais and the Art Curial sale on Saturday 6th inside the show with all the cars to be sold on display from the start of the show

Comment

• The blue Seinfeld car looks like Joel Horvitz' old Spyder. Very original, unrestored car. The latest issue of Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car has an
                            interesting article on Rainer Cooney's Spyder restoration and the two exacting reproduction Spyders he's building for private clients. Amazing workmanship and dedication.
                            Cheers,
                            Joel

Comment

• It is indeed Joel Horvitz' old Spyder.

Re Rainer's restoration---fascinating to me that car was built on second 086 frame. He's doing a wonderful job.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

• Even more impressive to myself is the fact that he and his two man crew are fabricating almost everything themselves. The description of how the frame is
                                formed using flowed softer metal plugs is fascinating.
                                Cheers,
                                Joel

Comment

Working...
                                X