REAR SEAT SIDE PANELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAR SEAT SIDE PANELS

58 cab rear seat side panels. my car was a hard top only car, right after a got it I found a soft top. Then i remember reading something about the rear side panels being different and that the hard top ones could be modified to the soft top style. would anyone have a diagram or something that would show what needs to be done.
    thanks Jay D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_11811.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	56083

Jay, this is a photo of a '59 Cab.
    The panels are similar but those for the hardtop are longer toward the back of the cockpit and more rare. I would look into Autos International's repro shorter ones for the soft top or ask around for originals before you chop the ones you have.

Getting only one could work, just copy it in reverse, they are not that difficult as a project part. You could copy those you have, just make them shorter so the tab for the Tenax for the boot is where it has to be. I could measure the covered ones I just had in my hands 2 hours ago for a general beginning, using your long versions for reference of the details at the forward end. I will also photo the details of the finished ones if I can get in the shed tomorrow.

-Bruce

Comment

great idea! I will check with Autos International as that's were I thinking about getting my leather kit. I just never thought to ask them. I could also form them myself, if you have time to get at the ones you have and take some pictures that would be great.
      thanks Jay D.

Comment

Working...
      X