• Show
Clear All

• Color code question

Hello

My car is almost ready for the painter.
    Plan is to paint it silver grey.

I know the Porsche color code is 5706.

But my painter can't use this code?
    Is there anyone here that has the equivalent for this code for current paint brands; Glasurit, PPG, Dupont, Max Meyer,....?

Grts
    Bart

I can find the web link. Glasuirt has a web site that list all the porsche colors, and formulas for most of the colors in the 22 line. That is the original single stage paint systems. I have done a couple cars with 22 in the past couple years. I like it
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	109779

Found it. Look here sort by year. Look a couple years either side of the target

the other best option is call John Wilhoit and buy color sample spray card, them take it to BASF and get it matched. John sprays out color cards as he does restorations, so they are always good. He also will give you the mixing formula if he has it on file.
    Last edited by Jbrooks; 09-16-2020, 05:38 AM.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Hello JBrooks

Found that link from Glasurit also, it mentions the silver color code ..... but it doesn't give the formula for the glasurit code??

My painter just needs the recipe to create this silver like original...

Grts
      Bart

Comment

You find and select the color and on the next page them look at the lower left for a link, it takes you to the formulation page.
        Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks a lot for the help
          I have a formula now

Hopefully my painter can use this one

Grts
          Bart

Comment

Working...
          X