Northern California Powder Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern California Powder Coating

Anyone in the Bay Area needing powder coating should contact Art or Jason at
    Classic Powder Coating, 707 864-3655. Great work by great guys. Located just off
    I-80 near Fairfield..

Powder is not as complicated as most think. I was using a Seattle coater and spending 5-800.00 every few months.

I bought an Eastwood gun and multi color kit a couple years ago. A friend worked for a appliance company found me a pair of new stacked wall ovens, they were white not biscuit when installed. So they had to put in new ones and mine were headed to the trash. Casters a wood stand and 10/4 extension cord I was off.

Made a 3x3x3 plywood booth with a old kitchen hood fan, couple furnace HEPA filters. Takes 15 minutes to set up. I probably have $250.00 invested in the system.

Anyway, is you have the space, the process is easy, it looks great and beyond durable. I found several sources of powder by RAL number. Clean, preheat, coat, bake, cool. It's just that easy.

I found ruby red and slate gray powder that is dead on. Anyone with time and likes to do it your self, I highly recommend reading up on this process. It's not too expensive pretty simple to do and looks amazing.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

John,
      Wish I had an oven large enough to do the whole car. Talk about impervious to
      road rash. You in Oak Harbor ? One of the great locations of my youth.
      55 - 57..
      Cheers,
      Joel

Comment

Joel

If you look around you might be surprised by how many car size 10X12x8' Dispatch Ovens are out there. You only need 400 degrees, to cure powder, that is not too hard with a natural gas oven. I worked for a airliner re finisher, we had a couple. Look up composite material suppliers and ask a sales man if he knows of a "Dispatch oven". You can get time on the weekends or at night by asking for "surplus capacity time" lighting off the oven at 04:00 for a coating job before the normal day starts is better than warming it at 06:30 for the day shift. We did boat trailers that way and made 3-500 bucks early before work.

Oak Harbor has not changed much. I have been here since 68, the A3-D is on display at the main gate and we do have a traffic light now with all three colors.
        Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Working...
        X