Clear All

• Racing Speedster Photos from Europe between 61-68

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2015-12-30.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	71164

Found the lights

I am researching a T-2 1958 356A Speedster with a 1300S 589/2 motor raced in Europe in the 60's. It would have been in the lower displacement classes of rally's and hill climbs than the other 356A's. It will be easy to spot because of a couple distinguished accessories. I am working from witness marks for a Factory Roll Bar, body mounted fog lights. The 589/2 was a three piece case 1300S engine there was not very many of them made.

Looking for a T-2 Speedster (Horn Grills, tear drop tail lights) in Red with a black top. Unlike most prepared cars, this one had all the street options, High over riders, and body mounted fog lights.

The 1300S exhaust is similar to a Pre A, but "dual oval" small diameter pipes, that do not exit through the bumper tips like the 356A. These brumperets have the T-2 exhaust holes but were not used. They would have been inside the bumper tips about 100mm.

The Fog lights are mounted with a single 12mm hole at the same height as lower headlight adjustment screw. The bottom would have been about the level of the single attach screw at the bottom of the head light ring. The look like small diameter lights, probably 100-125mm in diameter, Center thread post type fog light, with a 30mm round washer or bearing surface on the paint side of the nose. The appear to line up under the hood gap, right where the front radius starts.

If anyone has a photo or sees on on the web please copy and attach it to an e-mail or post it here "Body mount FOG Lights and horn grills" "tear drop tail lights, dual exhaust pipes between the bumpers"

LOOKING FOR:
    Ruby Red with Black Top T-2 356A Speedster racing in a 1300CC class with the Bent or Split window Porsches and the little cars from 1961-1968. This motor was not available in 58 so I figure it pretty unique to the time frame. Fog lights like the pre a coupe below or cab above

Thanks
    John Brooks

Name:	image_2015-12-29-2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	71163
    Pushed around since 1966.

I'll keep a lookout for any old Speedster photos matching that description.

Name:	ystd1230_2015-12-30.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	71170
    Here's one that somewhat matches your criteria but no body mounted fog lights.
    ~Vance

Comment

Vance
      Thanks, it's similar, this one is a 1500 but this is what I am looking for
      John
      Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Working...
      X