interior photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior photo

big brown just dropped off my interior kit. my car is a 58 cab and originally had a hard top, I now have a soft top. my question is, that the new covers for the closing panel at the rear sides only go's back to the back of the rear seat. my hard top one go's back to the rear bulked. I understand there is a difference between the two but with out a picture i'm lost as to what they look like.
    thanks Jay D.

Jay, to cut to the chase, call your interior kit vendor or if it wasn't Autos International, call there and ask for their repro short inner rear side panels to be covered if you are using the folding top. If using the hardtop, get your upholstery supplier to make the longer panel coverings with the same material.
    Those panels, long and short, are made the same way and there are mounting provisions on the car for both, as they both mount the same way but going rearward the keeper screw and washer are just further back. There is a low tab on the short versions for a Tenax stud to fasten the top's 'boot' when it's used.
    I'll try to find or take a picture of the two together as soon as I can, but must return to work now that I've had an extended 'posting break.'

-Bruce

Comment

thanks Bruce, I did contact them today Autos International and he said they will send me a drawing or something of both. should they have a repro short panel, he didn't say anything about having one. you and I talked briefly about this before, about not cutting the hard top panel down. I could probably form a panel easily, but I would need the length. if I could buy one that would give me time I could spend on other things.
      thanks Jay D.

Comment

Working...
      X