Speedster leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster leather seats

Carrera 83303 had them. I'd guess other non-4cams did as well. Tell the Registry folks to buy the book.

Steve Heinrichs
    www.biglakemedia.com (your source for truth, justice and more)

Back then and now still, owner preference trumps the CodA and if the owner likes leather in his/her Speedster, they get it. It's as when Porsche was VERY receptive to custom orders...it was then and still is 'customer satisfaction.'

I need to search the new book to see if records at Porsche challenge what others and I were told directly by a Factory rep in the late '70s/early '80s.... that NO Roadsters were produced with a 4-cam engine, specifically a T-6.

Comment

see page 399 for the three Carrera Roadsters.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Thank you, Steve. That streamlines my Monday! I have been reading your book as I have most others all my life...skipping around, unable to concentrate page by page. Unfortunate LD. Still, enjoying your book (especially the pictures....my favorite part of most books)

-Bruce

Comment

Don't have the book yet; waiting for the SE. So were any of the three T-6 Roadsters? That would be a kick!

Comment

Edwin,

Yep---would be a kick! But--all black leatherette.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Steve, I meant if any of the Carrera roadsters were T-6 cars. I think the answer is no. The two I know of are T-5'ers.

Comment

Yep, T-5s.

Steve Heinrichs

Comment

Of course there were plenty of GT SEATS in T-6 cars in leather. I actually have a set, and saw at least two cars in Europe with them in 1965. Presumably they were optional, and maybe only available to Friends of the House,don't know.The set in my speedster came directly from the factory to me, and have never been reupholstered. However I purchased that set about 69-70, to be perfectly accurate.
                  Richard Roth
                  New York City
                  Amagansett, NY

Comment

Working...
                  X