Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-head bolt with square neck for bumper deco

Any idea where to get the T-head bolts with a square neck to fix
    the aluminium deco strip to the front and rear bumper ?
    Any help is highly appreciated !
    regards
    Juergen

I think NLA used to stock them.
    Phil

Comment

You can get just plain old carriage bolts at any hardware store that can be made to fit. Grind the edges to convet to "T bolt , and grind the heads down flat to allow the rubber insert to fit flush. Always comes down to time or money I suppose...
      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

This has been a dilemma for decades. There is no PN for the 5M t-bolt even up through the early 900 series when the t-bolt for the S trim is illustrated and given a 901- PN. There is nothing in the B/C books.

The trim, as illustrated, comes with the bolts and no spares are offered, apparently, by Porsche. I've found no replacements in Metric and Multistandard or other metric hardware vendors that are a 'T' configuration, so-o-o-o....
        the 'carriage bolts' which ARE available in metric sizes are ground down OR just used as is.

We need to drag Brad over here. I'll mention this the next time I speak with him. We have done a LOT of business together since we met BEFORE he went with Chuck Stoddard. He was a stand-alone company, NLA, in Wilbraham, Mass., in '71. Hard to believe no one has thought about having deco T-bolts made in all those years!

-Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X