Clear All

• Pre-A Color question

From the "Authenticity Corner" at the 356 Registry:

mats carlsson
    Post subject: Re: what does this meanPostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:39 pm
    356 Fan

mats carlsson wrote:
    hi all,
    i found theese four figures behind the wax paper on a door.
    what does it mean?

My guess is that this is the upholstery #.

the door is stamped 28 (last 2 figures in the Chassis #) and the door lock is stamped 6/54.

The colour of the door is Pasha Red, Reutter # 523
    The upholstery is Beige Leather, (# 7559?)

http://www.porsche356registry.org/356talk/13/34567.html

Mats - Thought you may need some help from over here.

Above, you seem to be answering your own question! And you are very close in your thinking.

From the Door lock date of 6/54 - your car appears to be a late 1954 model. The Reutter Pascha Red - color no. 523 was used for 1950-52/53 model years. In 1954, Reutter Red paint changed to color no. 538 - Turkish Red.

However, there were many instances when a later model year car was painted an earlier year color - perhaps in this case by special order. Also, your Pascha Red was appropriate to be paired in 1950-52/53 with Brown leather code no. "359".

The 7559 number written on your door panel references the "59" part. The 75 numbers may have been a new series for the Reutter supplier or a different special order shade of Brown leather. Altogether, a very nice color combination.

Perhaps this helps --- your instincts were good - it is the Upholstery number.

best/Michael Doyle

Ps: Perhaps a Registry member reading this will copy and post it there for Mats, or send him a PM to visit over here. Tks.

Mats - I see you referenced this abcGT site at the 356 Registry forum. Don't be afraid or intimidated to post here as well, and let those "others" know where you got the REAL facts and info.

best/Michael

Comment

Working...
    X