356B T5 two piece horn button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 356B T5 two piece horn button

Hello, as the title states, I have a 356B T5 with the two piece horn button. On the lower piece, there is a groove cut into it, but the inside of the top piece is just smooth inside, with no corresponding groove. I see in the Stoddard's catalog that there is a piece called a gasket and another piece (possibly for another horn button type?) called a foam ring.

Which is correct and how does it hold the horn button on?

[link]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti4i1hsq8deqoxc/Photo%20Jul%2013%2C%209%2021%2034%20AM.jpg?dl=0[/link]

Thank you,
    Brian

From the photo it looks like the crest has come un glued from the base. The piece to the upper left goes over the studs in the wheel. Align Left side point 15-20 degrees below the left spoke. There is a rubber spring cup in the center over nut. You press down compressing the rubber and rotate the base CW until the base snaps in place. Then glue the (photo right lower) crest on the base.

It's not a two pice button it's broken in half.
    Pushed around since 1966.

Comment

Early T5 base has a thin groove where a bent wire retainer fit. The cover with the crest had a similar groove, and the two would sorta snap together, and then unsnap at various times while driving.
      Jack (analog man from the stone age)

Comment

Working...
      X